As a mom of all boys, I have been overcome by the ever daunting task of hunting down cute, trendy looks for our boys so they’re decked out in Disney style when we visit the most magical place on Earth. It can be hard to find looks for the boys that fall into the more low-key Disney category. In the last 10 years of being a mom and Walt Disney World Annual Passholder, I’ve done my fair share of researching and digging to hand pick my favorite, go-to retailers for Disney clothes for the boys!
This post contains affiliate links. By clicking these links, I may make a small commission at no cost to you.
It never fails that a handful of friends online ask where I got a pair of Mickey shoes or a basic Mickey tee for the boys when we share small clips of our Disney moments. I love when I get asked where to find Disney clothes for boys because I know I’m about to help one of you dress your little guy(s) in something that will will make your magical moments even more special!
Things to Know When Buying Disney Clothes for Boys
When I started researching and actively looking at where to find Disney clothes for boys, I realized that I needed to break down my wants and needs for each park/experience while considering things like comfort, coordinating as a family, and making sure we’ll be able to battle the heat. Another thing I also take into account is if a fabric is bulky. I love bringing a change for the boys if we’re doing a full blown park day (just to refresh midday after we’ve been sweating for hours or rained out) so, I keep backups rolled up in my park bag Marie Kondo style. Since I carry the bag all day long, I try to make sure whatever I’m packing is light-weight, will roll up easily, and can fit into the bottom of my bag.
Use These Tips When Shopping:
- Check the fabrics for comfort & how it will perform in the heat – Florida in the Summer can be miserable so, outfits that are 100% cotton will keep you cool, prevent rash, and will easily dry in the sun if they get wet in the rain.
- Coordinate with the fam – We go all out with Disney family outfits but not like the ones you see on Pinterest and Etsy with the matching family reunion tee shirts for the whole family. Instead, we like to coordinate colors across a similar color palette, match the boys in the same tee, or dress in a theme. *Keep scrolling for my favorite coordinating style ideas!
- Pick light-weight backups for a mid-day refresh if you’re doing a long park day – One thing I’ve learned over the years is to never take a dry tee shirt at 3pm on a rainy Florida Summer day, for granted. Always pack an extra tee shirt for each person in your family! When packing, I always pick shirts that are light-weight and won’t take up much space in the bottom of my park bag. Roll each tee up Marie Kondo style to save space!
Coordinate Your Boy’s Outfits with the Family
I truly love coming home from the parks with just ONE really great family picture, because with four boys in tow, that’s usually all we can get. Even if there are a ton of people in the background or it’s been raining all day, perfectly coordinated family outfits can absolutely transform a so-so photo into something truly magical!
Coordinating Style Ideas:
- Pastel Palette – Pick a handful of shirts for the entire family that all fall within the same pastel color palette. This color scheme is stunning for pictures in Magic Kingdom’s Fantasyland.
- Fab 5 – A favorite of ours when we visit Hollywood Studios, Magic Kingdom, or book a special character dining experience with the Fab 5. We really love to subtly dress each kid to a character (Mickey & Minnie, Donald, Goofy, & Pluto – add Daisy in for a girl!) Pieces like this Donald crew neck on our toddler with a vintage Pluto hat on our oldest, and a Mickey color scheme on our tiniest, makes for an adorable yet, subtle family look!
- Subtle Disney Bounding a Specific Movie or Character – Here we go with that word “subtle” again. Are you seeing a theme here yet? I’m just not a fan of the matchy, matchy vinyl printed family reunion style tees so subtle is the name of my game. Depending on the time of year or special events happening in the park, we will sometimes choose to coordinate to a specific movie or character by choosing a color palette that represents that movie or the characters in it! This doesn’t mean costumes on the entire family but, more of a hint to the theme. This is great if you’re looking forward to taking pictures as a family in one particular area of the park you’ll be visiting (Tangled bathrooms, Gaston’s, The Haunted Mansion, Prince Charming’s Regal Carousel, Splash Mountain, Lightning McQueen, Star Wars, etc.) or your kids were looking forward to wearing a costume but, the it’s just too hot to bare the extra fabric.
- Traditional Mickey (Red & Black) – This is a go-to for us! It’s the easiest to find when shopping and takes adorable photos wherever you are on Disney property! Dress in the color scheme, find each person a similar yet, unique Mickey tee, or just add a little touch of Mickey to each person in your family with a pin, hat, or shoes.
- Tie Dye – Such a fun coordinating theme for Summer! This is something you can easily DIY at home as an activity leading up to your trip! Grab a few Mickey printed tee shirts that have a white base color and use a traditional tie dye method! BOOM, you’ve got yourself your very own tie dyed Mickey tee shirts that no-one else has!
- Neutrals – Another go-to for us! As locals, there are times that we just hop in the car and head towards Walt Disney World without a plan of action for the day. Sometimes we end up in the parks, other times at Disney Springs, or if we’re feeling hungry (always), we’ll book a last minute dining reservation! That’s when a neutral palette comes through for me. It really works across the board no matter what your plans look like at Walt Disney World and the colors don’t distract from the characters you’re wearing! These tees from Target are a top favorite of mine because they’re a nice light heathered cream color with a sweet little Mickey on the front.
- Accessorize – Sometimes, we keep it really basic and just throw on a pair of Mickey ears or a character hat to add a little magic to a basic outfit. Pick up Mickey ear hats at ShopDisney.com, resort gift shops, or in the parks!
- Costumes – It’s not often that you see boys dressed up in the parks. You’ll see thirty tiny princesses to a single costumed boy (unless it’s Halloween of course). If your little guy(s) loves to dress up or has a favorite character they want to be inspired by, I say do it! We do a lot of DIY costumes here but, you can always find authentic costumes at ShopDisney.com or inspired costumes for kids on Amazon! *PRO TIP: Stock up after Halloween for your next trip!
Where to Buy Cute Disney Clothes for Boys
Ah, the moment you’ve been waiting for…where I score all of our Disney clothes for the boys that don’t scream, “CHARACTER OVERLOAD, WATCH OUT!” You know what I’m talking about don’t you? That’s probably what brought you here. You’ve been so excited to pack for your trip to Walt Disney World but, you’re stuck on what to get your favorite little guy(s). Buckle up girlfriend and get ready to hit “Add to Cart” because you’re going to love what you find at these spots!
Favorite Places to Buy Disney Clothes for Boys:
- Zara – Great spot for tee shirts & shoes
- H&M – I absolutely LOVE H&M for the boys but, especially for the boy’s Disney themed flat brim and snap back hats
- Gap & Gap Factory *Check both! – Top choice for Disney pajamas & tee shirts
- Target – I always check Target if I’m in a pinch. they’re reliable when the boys’ favorites are in the wash on a last minute Disney day! Low prices, always in stock, and a variety of picks.
- Rags to Raches – A little pricey but, very comfortable, long lasting, and unique looks!
- Shop Disney – This is the Disney owned online retailer. I always try to snag character pajamas for the boys when they go on sale (which happens pretty frequently!) Check for free shipping codes on the site or a discounted add-on to your purchase for a limited time plush, backpack, or seasonal item!
- Box Lunch – If you’re looking for something unique, trendy, but affordable Box Lunch is your place! I love how frequently they update their styles. They have so many one of a kind screen prints that our boys love! This is one of our favorite places to shop for the boys during the holidays!
- Limited Release Collabs by brands with Disney (Adidas, Nike, PacSun) – Often times, you’ll see Disney do a limited release collaboration with another brand. Right now, at the time of writing this, they have a really sporty collab running with Adidas. My boys are stoked to get our order in from this collab because they chose pieces they’d wear even when we’re not at Disney. Track suits, sneakers, and simple tees are what you’ll find from this collab!
Shop Our Recent Looks