Are you looking for a full service resort close to Walt Disney World that gives you the luxuries of a Disney property but even more amenities and extra spending money for your vacation? We had a staycation at Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek at Walt Disney World Resort this past weekend and it gave us all the magic we could possibly ask for!
With five pools, water slides, lazy rivers, toddler water play areas, miniature golf, fitness rooms, crafts and activities, restaurants, bars, a spa, and more, the luxurious Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek really has it all! Whether you’re looking for a one-stop vacation spot or a place to lay your head and relax between your park visits, this resort will absolutely leave you feeling like you’re getting all the bang for your buck.
In this post, I’m breaking down all the reasons to stay here for your Walt Disney World vacation AND a simple staycation without a single park day on your schedule.
6 Reasons to stay at Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek for your Walt Disney World Vacation
It’s not often that I’ll say an Orlando area resort is giving Disney a run for its money. As a Disney lover, it’s usually most convenient for us to stay right on WDW property for our longer Disney vacations or when we just want a little extra magic added to a few back to back park days. We love having easy access to the parks, themed pools with slides, and dining at our fingertips, especially with the kids in tow. Which is what we’ve come to expect when having a Disney vacation! Those key factors make our Disney vacations run smoothly.
Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek sits within WDW property and offers the same, if not more amenities and access as a WDW owned property! I can say with full honesty, we would absolutely stay at this resort again when planning a future Disney vacation. With the skyliner views, fireworks show, and layout & proximity of the beautifully designed and themed pools, this resort is a 10/10 for a Disney vacation!
- Skyliner & Park Views – When we got into our room on the 12th floor of the main building, all of us were greeted with a stunning view of Disney’s Skyliner, Hollywood Tower of Terror, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Swan & Dolphin Resort, and Epcot’s France Pavilion! Because of the proximity and our location at the hotel, we could really see more from his view than what we’ve been able to see from our stays at Caribbean Beach Resort. It was really something that made our stay magical from the moment we woke up until we laid our heads down at night!
- Free Disney Shuttle Service to the parks – Keep your car at the resort and spend less time walking from the parking lot at the theme parks by using the free shuttle service from the resort to drop you right at the entrance of any park or Disney Springs.
- Fireworks View – The fireworks view from our room and down on the lakeside boardwalk was hands down better than I had expected! We spent a few minutes in our room watching the fireworks but, ended up actually running downstairs to be lakeside for the rest of the show! It was AMAZING to watch the reflection of the fireworks on the lake. This alone made our stay here magical! The designers of this resort did a fantastic job making sure that every view added a little piece Disney magic.
- Theming & Proximity of Pools – One thing that makes staying at a WDW Resort a little challenging is the proximity of the pools to each other. There have been times that we stay at a WDW Resort and only see one pool at our entire resort for our entire trip because they’re often located SO far from each other. Not here! What I think I loved most about this resort was not only the incredible theming and design of each pool but the actual proximity of the pools to each other. We were able to splash around in EVERY single pool during our 2 night stay, on top of experiencing the other amenities. The layout of the resort is basically a full circle around the lake. We walked the entire resort and played in each pool, splash pad, and slide in one single day with time to spare for miniature golf and lunch! We loved the pirate theming of the pools and the gorgeous palm trees that adorned the lounge areas!
- Large Rooms – We stayed in a family bunk room which slept 6. Because Deck is still in a pack and play, we did have a bit of a squeeze when it came to night time and we probably could have added on an addition joining standard room for the extra space but, it was definitely doable! The boys were comfortable in their bunks and they loved having their little hideout room with a TV to watch their favorite Disney Channel shows. Another option for larger families is to stay in one of the larger rooms in one of the outer Club Wyndham buildings. They offer suites with bedrooms and kitchens with the same access to amenities with a Resort Fee.
- Rates – When comparing rates for this resort against the WDW resorts close to Wyndham Grand, you could potentially stay here for a minimum of $115 up to $428 less! That’s a huge savings that could either potentially extend the length of your vacation or give you additional spending money in your budget for those extra magical things while in the parks!
Why You Should Staycation at Wyndham Grand
We had such a fun time at this resort and didn’t even step foot off the property during our stay! We ate, played, slept, and relaxed here with zero worries. If you’re a local looking for a staycation close to home with everything you could possibly imagine at a resort, this is a fantastic choice! Since we don’t have our WDW Annual Passes yet, this actually wasn’t a full blown Disney Vacation for us (minus the bits and pieces of Disney magic this resort offers). We didn’t need to leave the resort for anything since there are so many dining options and things to keep the kids occupied, we had all of our fun right here!
During our stay, we not only loved the resort amenities but also the amount of food options around the property. With four boys who always seem to be hungry, having multiple dining options is incredibly convenient! Our favorites: Deep Blu fine dining, Back Bay for lunch, and
- Water Play – 5 pools, 2 lazy rivers, 2 toddler splash areas, and water slides make this a one-top-shop for any staycationer in Florida! We love the theming and black hole slide from the pirate pool. With tiki style cabanas, poolside concierge, and a poolside bar/grill, this was where we spent most of our time! Once the boys seemed to get a little bored, we ventured around the lake to the other slides and lazy rivers. I love that you can either take your time pool hopping throughout the resort or take the entire day to do them all!
- Outdoor Amenities – This resort is full of outdoor amenities. Beside the pools and water slides, they offer large pavilions with grills, a playground, miniature golf, a boardwalk, pool bars, a garden, fire pits, and an amphitheater! All included in your resort fee.
- Large Rooms – We stayed in a family bunk room which slept 6. Because Deck is still in a pack and play, we did have a bit of a squeeze when it came to night time and we probably could have added on an addition joining standard room for the extra space but, it was definitely doable! The boys were comfortable in their bunks and they loved having their little hideout room with a TV. Another option for larger families is to stay in one of the larger rooms in one of the outer Club Wyndham buildings. They offer suites with bedrooms and kitchens with the same access to amenities with a Resort Fee.
- Spacious – There is so much room to spread out around this resort. There were times that we didn’t see a single other person at the resort while we were at the pool and playground, which was really awesome for a weekend near Disney! Even though everything is laid out around the lake and close enough for all guests to access, they do a great job at making sure there’s enough room to feel like your in your own world!
- Great for all ages – We saw families and couples of all ages here during our stay which I really enjoyed seeing. I would absolutely book this resort for another family staycation or just a quick couples’ weekend for James and I!
Whether you’re planning a staycation in Orlando or looking for a place to rest your head and play in-between park days, I know you’ll love Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek! For a full room tour and a peek at our time at this resort, head over to watch my stories HERE!