During our last stay at Walt Disney World, we decided to let the big boys experience Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew at Disney’s Beach Club Resort! I’m SO glad that we did this for them! We haven’t taken advantage of any form of Disney World’s child care options before so, this was a first and it definitely won’t be our last!
To book your reservation, call:Â (407) 824-5437
All the deets:
- Price: $55 per child *Upon arriving for check-in, you’ll be asked if you’d like to extend your child’s stay by adding an hour for $15. We did this. It was AWESOME!…and TOTALLY worth the extra money!
- Time: 5:00-8:30 *You can drop off as early as 4:30PM. The event officially kicks off at 5:00PM sharp! (Because this is an interactive experience, late arrivals may be accepted but, will miss out on a lot of the fun!)
- Age Requirements:Â Children ages 4 through 12 *Must be potty trained to use facilities on their own.
- Where is it? Seaside Retreat at Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- What’s Included? Dinner and dessert, a treasure hunt, boat ride *weather permitting, meeting Captain Hook, a piece of gold treasure, crafts or games, and a certificate with your child’s admittance into Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew with their name and the date!
- How do I contact the Cast Members after I drop off if I need to?Â You will be given a contact card with the direct number to the facility! We were the first parents to sign up for the extended hour at check-in so, once it got closer to 8:30 we were worried the boys would be the only ones staying and that they’d get nervous we’d forgot them! So, we called the direct line and asked if other parents had added the extended stay just to make sure! (They did…15+ kids ended up doing the extended period haha So, we stayed with our original plan!)
- Do I have to be staying at the resort or on WDW property to sign up?Â NO! Not only do you not have to be staying at Disney’s Beach Club Resort to partake in this awesome adventure but, you don’t have to be staying on WDW property at all! While we were staying on WDW property at a resort during this first visit to Seaside Retreat, we’re looking forward to a simple date night at Epcot in the very near future while the boys enjoy 5 hours of fun at Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew!
WATCH OUR VIDEO!
More to know:
This event is a Kids-only type of deal! Parents drop-off and pick-up, leaving their children with cast members designated to caring for and occupying little ones ages 4 through 12! We saw kids of ALL ages when we dropped off and picked up!
When arriving at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, pull into the valet and let staff know that you’re dropping off for Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew! They’ll hold your vehicle for you without charge if you’re only dropping off!
Once you enter the lobby, turn left and head all the way down the hall to the check-in desk at Seaside Retreat! A Cast Member will be handing maps out to parents of each young guest to fill out dinner and dessert selections. Dinner selections include items like spaghetti and meatballs, mac n cheese, chicken nuggets with tater tots and for dessert: fruit or a treasure cupcake!
At drop-off, kids will be assigned a team color (Ruby Red, Gold, or Emerald) with a beaded necklace! Then, they’re asked to enter through a swinging door and meet other crew members while the rest of the guests check-in!
Parents are also offered the option at this point, to extend their child’s stay by one hour for a $15 per child fee. (We did this! We were the first parents at this point to add it and had the entire room laughing at how quickly we jumped on the offer!)
At 5PM, the teams are assembled and start their treasure hunt with clues on land. Once they finish decoding their clues on land, Captain Hook makes his arrival to check in on his new crew right before dinner is served! After dinner, the children are escorted onto canopy pontoon boats for a sail on Crescent Lake while learning how to talk like a pirate and sing pirate songs! A voiceover of Captain Hook and Smee play for the kids as well!
Once they arrive back on land to find their treasure, they’re escorted back into the facility room to watch a movie and play games or partake in a craft until pick-up! (We had one that watched Peter Pan and played Uno while the other made an adorable turtle hanging craft!)
At pick-up, kids are given an AWESOME gold coin and certificate with their name and the date, signed by Captain Hook stating their initiation into his crew! The Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew stamped gold coin is high quality! It’s not a cheap plastic toy like I had imagined!
When we dropped the boys off, I was nervous for C because he doesn’t like to experience new things and get anxious but, he had a BLAST! Both of the big boys have asked several times if we will take them back again and to do the extra extend hour the next time as well! Without a doubt, we will totally be taking advantage of this service as long as it’s in existence!