These DIY Halloween book marks will be a GO-TO for my kids this season! In our house, reading isn’t just strictly done at home! The boys read in the car, at restaurants, on field trips, everywhere and anywhere! (My oldest recently told me he wished they made books water proof so he could read in the shower!, no lie.) They’re always looking for new book marks to keep their place when they read on-the-go and I thought it would be super fun for them to help me DIY Halloween book marks that will coordinate with their seasonal books!
This post contains affiliate links. By clicking these links and making a purchase, I may make a small commission at no additional cost to you.
How to DIY Halloween Book Marks
When I tell you these are one of the easiest DIY’s I’ve ever done, it is seroulsu ONE OF THE EASIEST DIY’s I have ever done! What I love about these book marks is that the kids can customize them own their own with a little parent oversight! I let the boys fill the laminating sheet with the sequins and glitter they wanted as well as the graphics that fit them best! I specifically added a cat to this graphic sheet for one kid and the smelly peace sign for another and they loved that!
To create these book marks, you’ll need:
- Glitter & Sequins
- Single Hole Punch
- Self-sealing Laminating Pouches or Laminating sheets with a Laminating Machine (The machine I use is from Lakeshore Learning but I’ve also used this one from Amazon as well!)
- Halloween Graphic Printable
How to Assemble:
- Sprinkle y0our sequins & Glitter into the pouch.
- Add your graphic cut-outs.
- Close & Seal your pouch.
- Cut into a book mark shape.
- Place the bookmark into a second pouch to laminate a second time for extra sturdiness & to keep any sequins from slipping out.
- Seal again using either your machine or by pressing firmly down onto the self-sealing pouch.
- Punch a hole in the center at the top & embellish with ribbon or yarn!
I have a feeling that my boys will be carrying these bookmarks around for the next 6 weeks. They’re so fun and easy to do for any holiday, season, or book theme!
Watch the DIY Halloween Book Mark Tutorial on TikTok!